Congratulations to the recipients of the Presidential Scholarship for the January 2016 Class:
Preston G., Franklin, PA
Maria W., Carriere, MS
Hayden B., Eastford, CT
Vincent O., Queensbury, NY
The scholarship deadline has passed for submissions for the January 2016 class start date. Please check back soon for additional scholarships for future classes.
Hallmark Institute of Photography is pleased to be able to extend an opportunity for prospective students to submit for one of four $10,000 Presidential Scholarships to attend Hallmark for the Class of 2016 starting in January 2016.
The Presidential Scholarship will be awarded to four students with the expectation that these scholars will make significant and lasting contributions to the Hallmark community and represent their alma mater after graduation with continued influence in the photographic marketplace.
The Presidential Scholarship will be awarded based on need and the submission of the applicant’s personal essay, their interview evaluation for admission and additional input from their admission representative’s Recommendation for Admissions Consideration as completed during their admission interview. All submissions will be reviewed and scholarships awarded by the Scholarship Committee comprised of educational department heads and directors.
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2015
- Make a personal visit to the Hallmark Campus
(Requirement for a campus visit may be delayed until January 13, 2016 for those students who demonstrate a hardship in making a personal visit prior to December 15, 2015.)
- Meet with Hallmark admission representative and complete a successful admissions interview.
- Receive acceptance and enrollment in Hallmark Institute of Photography’s Professional Photography program with the class start date of January 13, 2016 and class end date of October 27, 2016.
- Submit an essay of between 400-800 words explaining why you want to become a professional photographer and what career goals you aspire to achieve after graduation from Hallmark Institute of Photography. Essay may be submitted in PDF format, via email, fax or mail.
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: Hallmark Institute of Photography, ATTN: Presidential Scholarship, 241 Millers Falls Road, Turners Falls, MA 01376
Fax to: 413-863-4118
- Essays must include full name, email address, and telephone number above the body of the essay.
- Recipients must meet all qualification for school enrollment including proof of high school graduation prior to starting classes in January 2016.
- Additional eligibility is determined by the student’s EFC number as reported by the FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid). Students with a reported EFC of 0-15000 will be considered as eligible candidates for this scholarship.
Scholarships to be Awarded:
- Four (4) Scholarships - $10,000 each.
Amount of each scholarship will be divided by the number of months between January 13, 2016 and October 27, 2016 and applied equally as a tuition credit each month that the student is enrolled.
- Scholarship winners will be notified no later than December 22, 2015.
Notes of Interest:
- All awards made prior to completion of high school are subject to receipt of final official transcript.
- In the event the student withdraws prior to graduation, the scholarship will be pro-rated based on the portion of the program completed.
- Awards cannot be deferred to future class start dates.
Congratulations to the recipients of the Presidential Scholarship for the September 2015 Class:
Terrence P., Little Rock, AR
Stephanie B., Keene, NH
Courtney M., Westfield, MA